Heather Alkire's blog

Monday, July 04, 2005

Brazil Update

Okay, everyone! I am typing on the world's most difficult keyboard and am paying for my Internet time, so this will be kind of short.

We made it safely to Brazil and immediately jumped into the work here. On Saturday, we had a gospel concert at the mall, and lots of people came to hear us. A few of them even came to church yesterday! Our church service was a very neat time of reconnecting with the Brazilian Christians we had met before, and after church we had a barbecue to visit with them more. Then we sent the campers off to camp, and I spent most of today with my VBS team shopping and setting up for VBS tomorrow. I am getting really excited about having those little kids show up tomorrow, but I am also a little nervous. Please pray for me tomorrow morning as I am going to kick off VBS by telling a Bible story in Portuguese. Also, please pray for my roommate...she is sick (cold or something) and right now is having to miss out on camp. ;(

I need to go get ready for our Fourth of July celebration at one of the elders' houses. Please post comments because I would love to hear from you! I miss you and love you all very much!

More updates to come.....thanks for your prayers!

1 Comments:

  • Hmm, charging for Internet is not nice. Good luck with the VBS!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/04/2005 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home