Heather Alkire's blog

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well, today is the day! I will be leaving from the Abilene airport this afternoon and flying to Miami where I will spend the night tonight. In the morning, I will get up and take an all-day plane ride to Salvador. Please pray for safe travels and a smooth transition into my new life in Salvador.

Many of have asked how I'm feeling at this point. The answer is: a lot of different emotions. Am I excited? Of course; I've been waiting and preparing for this for a long time. Am I nervous? Oh yes; this is a new adventure for me. Sure, it's somewhat familiar, but there will be lots of new things to get used to as I make Salvador my home for two years. Am I sad to leave my family and friends? Absolutely, but I know that we have many ways to stay in touch, and God will comfort us in our separation.

I appreciate all of your prayers as I embark on this new adventure! The next time I post here, I will be living in South America!! Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home