Heather Alkire's blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Joy Bus

Today was the exact opposite of last week. We had 16 kids who showed up for VBS!! Russ drove his minivan (he called it the joy bus) to one of the neighborhoods and picked up as many kids as they could pile in to bring them to VBS. I can't tell you how excited I was to see all of those precious faces!! God is so good, and I thank all of you who have been praying for this endeavor! I told the story of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. Next week I will wrap up with the acension and talking about how we are called to be witnesses for Jesus. On Aug. 12, we will have our culminating event by hosting a special program during worship to show the congregation what the kids have been learning about this summer. Please pray that the children's parents are able to come to this event. Thank you again for all your prayers! Here is a picture of the whole group of us today:


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home