Heather Alkire's blog

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Brazil Update 2

We have survived two days of VBS so far!!! I am exhausted from being in charge and from trying to lead VBS in a foreign language, but all things considered, it is going really well. We went for four hours today, and it was a little too long. We had too much down time, and that was difficult because not every group had an interpretator. We decided to not go for as long tomorrow and see if that works better. Thank you for your prayers...I can definitely feel them. The Holy Spirit really is working because I am surprised at how much I can communicate with the children. Please pray for me especially tomorrow because I am going to close VBS by telling the story of the resurrection.

Hopefully by the time I get to Salvador, I will be able to post pictures here so you guys can see some of what went on before I actually get home. If not, I will share pics when I get back to the States.

Miss you guys a lot!!!! Keep praying for us....More later....

2 Comments:

  • We will guarantee you use of our internet access to post your pictures while you're here!

    Can't wait to see you!

    By Blogger Valerie, at 7/06/2005 9:12 PM  

  • Four hours of speaking a foreign language? Sounds like a mental work-out to me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/09/2005 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home