Heather Alkire's blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Phase 2 of Brasil Trip

Greetings from Salvador!! The rest of the Highland mission team left Itu on Monday, and I arrived in Salvador last night. It is so hot here!! Too bad I left all those nice summer clothes at home....

The team was really glad to see me, and I think it's going to be a fun two weeks getting to catch up with them and checking out what the life of a new missionary is like. Randy says he does have a card reader on this laptop, so soon I hope to get pics of the mission trip posted.

Anyway, the last few days of the trip were really great. Marketplace ended beautifully, and the kids really seemed to enjoy it. The campers came back all fired up and full of the Spirit. Over the last three days of the campaign, we had eleven people baptized!!! Praise the Lord!! Eight of them were Brazilian teens, two of them were Brazilian adults (one the husband of a woman my mom studied with on our last campaign) and one was an American from our group, Andy Perkins. His story is especially sweet, but I'm running out of time for right now.

Please post some comments and let me know about what's going on in the good old U.S. of A! Miss you guys a lot!!!

More later.....

2 Comments:

  • Hot?!? You're kidding me! We're freezing! We'll have to trade clothes or something! Did you bring a sweater?

    By Blogger Valerie, at 7/13/2005 9:44 PM  

  • Hey Heather,

    I'm so glad to hear of the work you're doing in Brazil. I love the mission field and to work in it is one of my dreams. Keep up the good work and praise the Lord. I am praying for you.
    in christ
    heather

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/20/2005 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home