Heather Alkire's blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Coming Home

Sorry, gente, that I have not posted as much as I planned to while in Brasil. I kept hoping to be able to post some pictures from the trip to my blog while I was in Salvador, but my first attempt failed, and then I never got around to trying again until the last weekend when I could not because the Internet was down at Randy and Jenn´s apartment!

Anyway, my stay in Salvador was WONDERFUL!!!! I did not want to leave. I have been gone less than twenty-four hours as of right now and already I am dying of saudades (not a good translation in English...basically I miss my friends really bad!). I had a great time catching up with the team and hanging out with them. My two weeks there gave me a pretty good idea of what life is like for settling missionaries, and that is exactly what I had hoped to get out of my visit. Plus, the trips to the beach and neat restaurants and the Mercado Modelo were nice, too! I could definitely see myself spending more time in Salvador. I just hope that´s in the Lord´s plan for me too!

So, right now, I am killing time at my friend´s house in Brasilia until I can get on another plane to Sao Paulo to catch my overnight flight back to the States. I am sad to leave Brasil, but now that I have said goodbye to all of my friends, I am just ready to get home. And besides, when I get home, it will be time to move into my new place with Laura! I am very excited about that!

When I get home, I promise I will post some pictures from the trip. Until then, gente! Tchau!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home