Heather Alkire's blog

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Well, I am finally back on American soil, although I think I left my heart in Brazil. (Not to mention one of my suitcases.) To make a long story short, one of my suitcases didn't make it on my plane from Brasilia to Sao Paulo, so it is still somewhere in Brazil, hopefully on the way home to me via snail mail. We'll see how long it is before I view the contents of that suitcase again!

Other than that small fiasco, my trip was amazing. Thank you for all of your prayers. They were surely felt! My passion for missions has been renewed, and I also believe my call has been reaffirmed, so I am now praying for God's will in my future ministry. I can't wait to see what He has in store!

When I have recovered more from jet lag, I promise I will get around to posting some pictures! Until then....

4 Comments:

  • Ack! I keep forgetting to check for updates...probably 'cuz I'm used to people telling me when they update. But now I have it set up so my browser will tell me when you update, so maybe I'll remember.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/30/2005 11:57 PM  

  • Heather,

    I am glad you posted as much as you did. I kept hoping to get on the internet while on our mission trip in Kauai, but it never happened. I didn't realize that you were also going to Salvador. I'll bet Randy and Jen were glad to see you all.

    By Blogger Serena Voss, at 8/01/2005 1:32 PM  

  • Hey, sis! My blog is at

    http://www.xanga.com/spiritspark

    In case you forgot. Also, the "snail mail" was pretty quick :)

    Joshua

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/28/2005 8:09 PM  

  • alex--how can you set up your browser to tell you when she updates?

    hey heather! :)

    ~julie rich

    By Blogger Julie, at 9/08/2005 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home