Heather Alkire's blog

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

FINALLY here!

Oi, pessoal!

We finally arrived in Salvador, only 28 hours later than originally intended. Our flight was delayed in Dallas, causing us to miss our connection to Salvador in Sao Paulo. So, we got on the next flight, but it took us nearly two hours to recheck our bags because there were strikes and weather issues in Sao Paulo this morning, so everything was backed up.

On the bright side, we met two girls from UT Austin who are studying abroad in Salvador this summer, and we helped each other out, becoming fast friends. On the really bright side, we're in Salvador!!! I can't tell you how good it was to see Russ and Val pick us up at the airport and then to see Randy, Jenn and Kelton when we arrived at their apartment. If I wasn't so tired, I think I'd be a little more excited. :) Also, it will be great to see Salvador in the daytime. (It was already dark when we landed today.) Anyway, just wanted you to know that we're here and we're safe.

Please keep us in your prayers as we begin language study and our work really soon. VBS starts on Tuesday! I'm a little nervous about that, so please pray for me as I prepare this week! Love you all and check back here soon for more updates as we get to really experience our first few days in the city!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home